LXI ARCHITECTURE UNDER MONGOLS 239 supported by galleries, is remarkably graceful and well proportioned. The western gallery, which is entered from the second court, was the gift of Shah Abbas in A.H. 999 (1601). Its inside walls are decorated with artistic frescoes of flowers. The tomb of the Saint, composed of blocks of yellow marble, is placed beneath the dome, the most ancient part of the structure. This, as the inscription shows, was erected in A.M. 840 (1437) by Ahmad Shah, of the Bahmanid dynasty of the Deccan, who was the Saint's disciple. The doors, of sandal-wood, are falling into hopeless decay. The tomb of Shah Khalil Ulla, the grandson of the Saint, lies behind a lattice. The eastern gallery opens out on to a lovely courtyard through a gateway supported by two smaller minarets. In it are cypress-trees and flower-beds and a cruciform tank of running water. , ^;." '. v The Shrine possesses a distinct charm, due perhaps to the combination of tiles, greenery, and running water, •glorified by the deep blue of the cloudless Persian sky, and its dainty beauty makes a .deep impression on the traveller.